Sunday, February 21, 2016

Mick McKellar Update -- Day +1826

Fifth Re-Birthday

Mayo Clinic reports state my Chronic Myeloid Leukemia with lymphoid blast crisis and subsequent chronic phase remains in complete morphologic, cytogenetic, and molecular remission.

I love it when they talk medical!

Five years ago today, doctors and nurses at Rochester Methodist Hospital opened up my Hickman Catheter (the true way to a man's heart) and delivered two bags full of golden stem cells and redneck T-cells (complete with tiny flannel shirts and Doc Martins) from my brother, Kevin. Two important things happened: I received a gift of life, and I smelled like creamed corn for three days.

All of my kvetching and sharing since that date aside, my second chance at life happened then, and there. So I celebrate today with this quick update and maybe a little chocolate ice cream later. Life has been challenging since I started down this road, but it is life and it is a miracle, each and everyday as I wake up and realize I have another day to spend with family and friends.

Just sharing the joy and thanking you all for your prayers and good thoughts!

God bless,

Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment