Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mick McKellar Update -- Day +319


I will have more details (numbers) about my current medical status after blood tests on Monday, January 9. At the moment, tests are scheduled only once per month, in tacit recognition of the stability of my current condition...I guess. Despite the aches and pains that come with the approaching conclusion of my sixty-second year on this planet, I am well.

The Helplessness of the Long Distance Father

For the first time since my own crises blossomed, the helpless shoes of the distant parent are on my own feet. Our son-in-law has come through his second craniotomy in two weeks, to remove the bulk of a brain tumor. We call. We read postings on the medical website and on Facebook. We pray. But, we cannot hug or visit in person. It is hard to simply be supportive...long distance.

Chris has come out of the second surgery in good condition with 80% of the tumor removed. More than that, we do not yet know.

Silent Songs and Subtle Silences

I am writing again, and I linked my second poem written today to this message.

http://mickmckellar.blogspot.com/2012/01/hole-in-bucket.html

Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment